For 2018 I’m rolling out a new series for the blog that will be posted on a monthly basis called, “What’s in my cart?” This will be a chance to share my family’s favourite things that we bought in a month and are loving! Each month I will include a mix of 5-20 items relating to men and women’s fashion, baby and toddler style and gear, skincare, food, home décor, and other household items that work for us and are worth sharing. I’m hoping this guide will provide you with some shopping inspiration and recommendations for your day to day needs!
Here is a roundup of our favourite items from January 2018!
- SAXX Men’s Vibe Modern Fit Boxer Briefs – My husband has officially retired his Lululemon underwear because he finds the quality just isn’t there anymore. It’s safe to say he is now a SAXX lover! I had some returns to do at the mall at the beginning of the month and swung into Nordstrom to scoop him a pair. There is a mesh support pouch in the crotch that your guy may either love or hate, but they’re definitely worth a try and worth the investment at $33.99. The fabric is amazing. You can also find SAXX at Sport Chek, Altitude Sports, Sporting Life, Swimco, and Amazon.
- The North Face Baby Boys’ Reversible Mount Chimborazo Hoodie Jacket – Picked up this North Face jacket for Charlie from Sporting Life a couple weeks ago now that they’re putting their winter items on sale. I only buy North Face on SALE and, yes, it’s worth every penny when you live in a climate that’s cold 9 months out of the year. I also grabbed a jacket for Luke for next season as well. Always a good time to buy next year’s sizes at discount prices!!
- Ferlow Botanicals Shampoo & Conditioner – We have been using the Tea Tree Shampoo and Neem Conditioner by Ferlow Botanicals for months now and it’s great in this dry, cool climate. Tea tree has some wonderful antibacterial benefits that can do wonders to the scalp if you suffer from dandruff or itch, or if you want to stimulate hair growth by getting rid of the dead skin cells. My hair has never felt so clean using this shampoo and I love the fresh, minty smell it provides. The neem conditioner is a great compliment to the hair and also helps with dryness. After using both products my hair looks and feels shiny, hydrated and smooth.
- La Blanca Island Goddess One-Piece Swimsuit – I was on the hunt for a good quality one-piece for our upcoming trip in February and found it!!! Seriously, it’s SO flattering with the ruching across the mid-section and the adjustable straps are handy, especially since I’m still nursing. I bought it in colour ‘hunter’ but it also comes in black and apollo blue.
- Elan V-Back Cover-Up Maxi Dress – Here is a classic beach or pool cover up that can easily be worn out for other activities while on vacation or as a dress in the summer. It’s extremely soft and lightweight. It fits a bit large so consider sizing down.
- IKEA PAX Wardrobe – If you’ve been following me on Instagram you’ll know that my husband and I have been updating our walk-in closet. We wanted storage and organization, and we got exactly that when he installed the PAX and Komplement IKEA wardrobe units and accessories this month. This has been a total game-changer for us and I can’t wait to share all the details of our closet in an upcoming post because it’s SO functional now and it was our most affordable option.
- Zutano Cozy Fleece Booties with Grippers – One of my awesome mom friend’s had these adorable booties for her firstborn and I knew I had to snag a pair once I had Charlie. Luke wore a lot of Converse and moccasins as a baby; although they’re super cute and trendy, these Zutano booties are just so flexible and cozy for a baby. I love the adjustable button snaps, the grip bottom, and the fuzzy fleece. I highly recommend them for your baby or even to purchase as a baby shower gift! In terms of fit I would say they run a tad small. Charlie is 6 months and I bought him 18-24 months. They’re big for him now but he has lots of room to grow and he isn’t walking yet so they’re perfect for keeping his feet warm in the winter.
- Gap Dino Swim Trunks – Gap has been having some really great sales recently with 50% off sale items and 40% or 50% off your order depending on the day. Right now use code GAPDOUBLE. I grabbed these fun dinosaur swim trunks at a great price for Luke for Florida. How cute are they?
- Lil’ Orchard Baby Foods – 10 Pack Bulk Bags – I recently discovered Lil Orchard Baby Foods on Instagram and they have some really great healthy and easy baby food options. If you don’t have time to make your baby’s food from scratch this is an awesome local Calgary company to turn to. Kristi, the owner, offers fresh fruit and vegetable purees that are flash frozen in the perfect portion sizes. She also offers teethers and feeding accessories for your little one. This is a really great baby shower gift for the new mama when she starts feeding her baby solids!!! Grab a gift card here or pick up some products from Chongo’s Market.
- Alo Haze Funnel Neck Sweatshirt – We were looking for a birthday gift for my mother-in-law at the start of January and saw this cozy and comfortable athleisure sweatshirt. She enjoys working out and going on walks with friends so we thought this would be a great gift! Alo is a yoga brand and this sweatshirt really checks all the boxes. It’s structured and has great detail in the front and back. I may need to snag one for myself too. 🙂
What’s your favourite item in the cart?
Let me know what you’re hunting for in the comments below!
*If you found this post helpful, please click below and vote for The Shop Guide. Thank you!