Celebrating Hallmark occasions can be extra fun and special when you have little ones in the house. You can teach them the meaning, attend themed parties, dress-up, partake in arts and crafts, decorate the house, and my favourite – spoil them with a little treat. These are all things I was fortunate enough to do with my mum growing up, and now I get to pass on the tradition with my little boy, Luke. When he wakes up on February 14th, we will head downstairs to the kitchen table and there will be a present all wrapped and waiting at his place setting. Can’t wait!!
Here is my selection of Valentine’s Day Gifts for Toddlers:
All items range anywhere from $7 to $80 CAD. I’ve added in some comments and a few ‘Shop Smart’ tips below as well.
- Heart Shaped Chubbie Crayon Set of 6 – These crayons are a great size and shape for toddlers to hold and scribble with. They also serve as a great party favour item if you’re throwing one for littles. I’m not a huge DIYer…if you didn’t notice…but if you are, here are straight forward step-by-step instructions from Today’s Parent in case you want to make your own crayons.
- Little Giraffe Chenille Robe – Every toddler needs a robe and this one from Nordstrom is so cozy!
- Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar – I buy all of my baby and toddler books either from Indigo, Winners, HomeSense or Marshalls. If I buy from Indigo I make sure to use my Plum Points which is their reward tracking system. It’s worth signing up because once you get x amount of points you can get $5+ off here and there which really helps. If you aren’t looking for a specific book then Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls is also a great go-to because their board books range anywhere from $3.99 to $9.99. Other Valentine’s Day book suggestions: Guess How Much I Love You, Wherever You Go My Love Will Find You, I Ruff You, Where is Baby’s Valentine, and I’ll Never Let You Go.
- Jersey All-In-One Heart Pajamas – H&M is definitely one of my favourite shops for finding affordable and TRENDY clothes for kids!!
- Cozy Plush Slippers – Check your local PBK store and purchase the slippers, or any item for that matter, when they’re having a 20-25% off one item. I swear they have one almost every weekend. If you hate the mall on the weekend (like me) you can call your local store, give your CC over the phone so that you get the discount, and they’ll hold your item for you until you make arrangements to pick it up. I do this ALL the time.
- I Love My Blank – Handmade Stuffed Animals – Shop local this Valentine’s Day!! These soft stuffed animals are the perfect size for your little one to snuggle with. The delivery and packaging of these animals are so unique. All animals are delivered in a protective storage bag along with a custom tag with the animal’s name and its unique characteristics. I Love My Blank is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the child who loves imaginative play.
- Melissa & Doug Art Easel – This is definitely a splurge item for Valentine’s Day but I had to include it. I always associate Valentine’s Day with arts and crafts so this just seemed like a logical gift and the perfect way to get your tot started early.
- Raglan-Sleeve Baseball Tee – This tee is a great unisex item. I love a little boy or girl in a simple baseball tee with leggings, jeans or shorts. You also can’t get cheaper than $7 CAD.
- Wild Roots & Co. Slouchy Beanies – Your child can never have too many slouchy beanies!! Check out Wild Roots & Co’s shop on Etsy; they have a great variety of prints for the stylish tot. The fabrics are so soft and the fit is amazing. My little boy will be wearing these all year long in our unpredictable climate. Every time we’re out and Luke’s wearing one of WR&C’s beanies we get stopped.
- Farmer Jack Boys’ Tin Lunch Box – A cute decorative box for your baby’s playroom or bedroom shelf that can store all of their little treasures.
- Ribba Frame (white) + 12. Love Bug Art Print 12″x12″ – Decorating my little guy’s room for different occasions and holidays is turning into my new favourite pastime. Buy a simple frame that you can hang all year and swap out fun prints depending on the season. “You’re My Love Bug” print is perfect for a boy or girl’s room!
13. Valentine Knit Baby Blanket – What’s more feminine than a beautiful heart knit blanket that you can personalize for your baby girl? Don’t forget that PBK Chinook has in-store monogramming services!!